Register now only four seats left for the Home Health Aide Classes!
A growing profession, caring for seniors that you can be a part of on the beautiful island of St. Thomas USVI.
The Certified Nursing Assistant Program is an 8 week program in which students are taught both theory and skills.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT PROGRAM
Next class schedule is set for November 8th, 2021 (11/8/21)
Life Skills Training Center, LLC is a locally owned business. Our goal is to provide our community with the knowledge and skills needed to respond to emergency situations confidently by teaching CPR/AED and First Aid training in a stress free environment.
Velma Freeman-Walter is an energetic and ambitious leader who comes from a family of health professionals.
Velma is a Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in the U.S. Virgin Islands and certified by the American Heart Association as a BLS and HeartSaver instructor.
To empower adult learners to develop the knowledge and skills needed to provide high quality healthcare confidently in a comfortable environment.
You can expect a comfortable, professional environment that offers Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aid, Nursing Assistant Refresher Training, and AHA CPR training in St. Thomas US Virgin Islands.
Enroll now and become a life saver!
We are also social:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, LSTC has been approved since June 2021.
Yes, a basic reading comprehension and mathematics test is required with a passing grade of 80%.
No, however it is also required to take the state exam. It is recommended to have
your high school diploma or GED prior to taking this course.
Job placement is not guaranteed. However, this career is in high demand and all applicants must meet the employer’s requirements prior to being hired.
One set of scrubs, 1 stethoscope and blood pressure cuff, books and AHA CPR certification.
No, CPR training is included in the course and the student(s) may choose to sit out of class during the training.
The CNA program takes up to six weeks.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
- Complete student application form.
- Valid state or government issue photo ID and social security card.
- Provide proof of US citizenship or a green card.
- Lift and carry 40 pounds from one place to another.
- Must pass a basic math and reading comprehension exam.
- Proof of High School Diploma or (GED).
- Valid police report.
- Drug Screen (Negative)
- Must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test.
- Must have a negative PPD or chest x-ray report.
- The $125 application fee in non-refundable. $100 of the application fee will count towards the tuition.
- The tuition balance is refundable if tuition is paid in full and the student submits a request to withdraw at least 24 hours before the start of the course.
- For partial payments, subtracting the $125 application fee, the balance is refundable is the student submits a request to withdraw at least 24 hours before the start of the course.
- First payment at registration and the second payment in three weeks.
- After the first day of class, students are no longer eligible for refunds for any reason.
- Money order
- No cash or personal checks will be accepted
- All students are required to take the COVID-19 test prior to the beginning of class and clinical.
- Students are required to sanitize their hands prior to entering the classroom.
- Temperature checks are required prior to class.
- Students who are absent due to COVID-19 will be allowed to make up their assignments. A valid doctor’s note is required.
- A student who is required to quarantine will be allowed to make up their work with a written note from a physician.
- Face coverings and maintaining social distancing will be practiced during class.
- Students are encouraged to notify their instructor and stay at home when they are not feeling well.
Disclaimer: The American Heart Association (AHA)
The American Heart Association (AHA) strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS, and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fee charged for such courses, except for a portion of fees heeded for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.